Whitefield Estate Agents (Registered office: 76-78 Colne Road, Brierfield, Lancashire, BB9 5NN) is committed to protecting personal information, being transparent about what data is held and providing control over how it is used.
Eco World Energy Ltd is the holding company for Whitefield Estate Agents. The relationship between the two companies allows us the ability to provide more relevant properties and services – from time to time Eco World Energy Ltd may be advertised on the Whitefield Estate Agents website.
Protecting personal information is paramount, the main reasons for collecting different types of information about our users are as follows:
- To help us monitor and improve our Digital Channels
- To provide a more personalised experience, such as making property suggestions that are relevant to a search criteria
- To send the user details about our services, where the user has signed up to receive such marketing communications
- To keep the Digital Channels secure and prevent fraud
Data Protection Regulation
It is recommended, if further legal advice is requested, visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website (http://www.ico.gov.uk) The ICO regulates data protection and e-privacy in the UK and provides lots of useful guidance on their website.
Whitefield Estate Agents’ Privacy Principles
Whitefield Estate Agents’ privacy principles, in respect of how it collects, uses and manages your personal information, are summarised as follows:
Data is required in order to give something back in return. Registering for an account on our Digital Channels gives access to a growing number of benefits, such as being able to save and compare properties that are of interest. Asking a name provides ease of communication. Knowing an address and the property status of anyone accessing our site allows us to allocate the most appropriate member of our team to help with any property needs; the contact details enables us to contact anyone accessing our site regarding our services.
What data is held and how is it used
In collecting and using personal information, we will be clear about what we are doing and make sure the way we are using any data is fully understood.
In addition, Whitefield Estate Agents will not sell any personal data held.
The control of data held by Whitefield Estate Agents
All personal information will be deleted securely and swiftly upon request. All information held on any activity on our Digital Channels will be anonymised.
We will have in place appropriate security measures to protect information from unauthorised access and will only work with third parties necessary to the completion of any services requested from us.
Compliance with the Law
There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (as may be updated or amended from time to time).
At Whitefield Estate Agents, we make sure we comply with these data protection and e-privacy laws; all information about the relevant legislation, and the rights of the data subject can be found on the ICO’s website – www.ico.gov.uk.
Whitefield Estate Agents may collect and hold the following information:
- Information provided to us such as when a digital service enquiry form is completed, or an account registered, email notifications and/or newsletters (e.g. registering on whitefieldestateagents.co.uk to access the account area and/or subscribing to property alerts). On registration with whitefieldestateagents.co.uk, we currently ask for the first and surname, email address, telephone, house number and postcode, property status and a password. This information is requested in order that relevant local content and information or services and be offered. Whitefield Estate Agents will always be clear about how this information will be used.
- Any other information sent to us.
Information from web servers’ logs, such as IP addresses
This is used by Whitefield Estate Agents to analyse activity on all our Digital Channels. Enabling us to review the number of visits to specific pages to evaluate if sufficient infrastructure to support and maintain a great experience for our visitors is in place. We may also collect, store and use the following kinds of information: Information about a user’s computer, visits to and use of our website (including but not limiting to IP addresses, browser types and versions, operating systems, referral sources, length of visits and page views).
Information from social networking sites (such as Facebook and Twitter)
Information from social media activity is collected, including likes, shares and tweets on our Digital Channels and about our content on social networking sites. When a user you signs in to an account on Whitefield Estate Agents using social network credentials, such as a Facebook log-in, permission is granted to the social network to share user details.
Depending on the network this will include basic account information such as name, email address, property status and any other details chosen to be shared according to Facebook account settings. Whitefield Estate Agents may from time to time, on different apps and services, request more than just basic account information. We will always be clear about this requirement up front but the user should also check what permissions are being sought before connecting with these apps and services.
Transfers of information outside the European Economic Area
Use of our Digital Channels may result in the transfer of personal information across national boundaries. By visiting Digital Channels and communicating with Whitefield Estate Agents electronically, consent to the transfer of Personal Information outside the European Economic Area is given
Personal information of others
How information is used
Whitefield Estate Agents will use the information collected in the following ways:
- To help monitor, analyse and improve our Digital Channels. This information helps us to understand which Whitefield Estate Agents content and services are most interesting, helpful to our users and if they are shared via social networks. The information also helps us to identify when errors occur within our Digital Channels and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best. All of which helps us improve our Digital Channels for our users.
- To provide a more personalised experience. By looking at the information obtained, we can create a more tailored experience. For example, we will do this by making property suggestions.
- To inform the way we commission future content at Whitefield Estate Agents. We will use aggregated and anonymous user data to help our Digital Marketing team understand what type of content our users like so that they can make more in the future.
- To market our services. We will send information about our Digital Channels and Services or other marketing activities. We will email or send other marketing communications relating to Whitefield Estate Agents services which we think may be of interest, by post or, where specifically agreed, by email or similar technology. Such services can be stopped as soon as such a request is received.
- We may also invite participation in surveys from time to time to help us understand about our programmes, products and services, and in turn make improvements.
Users aged 16 or under
Please note only those aged 16 or over can register on any of Whitefield Estate Agents Digital Channels.
This policy only applies to our use of information via Whitefield Estate Agents Digital Channels. Therefore, it does not apply to third party websites to which Whitefield Estate Agents might provide links or on which Whitefield Estate Agents content is embedded. Whitefield Estate Agents are not responsible for the privacy practice or content of such websites.
Equally, it is important to note that when accessing Whitefield Estate Agents Digital Channels via a social networking site, such as Facebook or Twitter, that site may also collect and use personal information.
How cookies are managed
We provide more information about cookies and similar technologies used on our Digital Channels in our Cookies Policy. This also confirms how to control and manage cookies in a browser and how to opt-out of certain types of cookies.
Whitefield Estate Agents will only send targeted messages that we feel are relevant and of interest. Marketing emails will confirm how to unsubscribe.
Please note that active clients may receive important information about Whitefield Estate Agents Services that they have requested from us (such as changes to the Services themselves or other service administration matters). As an active user, this is not spam.
Sharing of personal information
Whitefield Estate Agents commits to keeping personal information confidential and safe:
- Data will not be sold to any third party.
- Whitefield Estate Agents may disclose personal information to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- Employees, contractors and agents of Whitefield Estate Agents may be given access to any personal information which Whitefield Estate Agents collect but their use shall be limited to performance of their duties in relation to the services provided by Whitefield Estate Agents. Whitefield Estate Agents will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. Those who have access to personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than that to the services and products offered by Whitefield Estate Agents or the use of our Digital Channels.
- Once we have received your information, strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access will be used.
- Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Whitefield Estate Agents will do our utmost to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to our Digital Channels; any sending of information is therefore at your own risk.
Length of time personal information is held
Whitefield Estate Agents will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected. Whitefield Estate Agents will remove the personal information upon request.
When using our Digital Channels anonymised data will be collected to help navigate the website.
Where we hold other information (resulting from, for example, submitted competition answers) we will keep this for the minimum amount of time necessary for the purposes of running the competition or other relevant purpose.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on these Digital Channels is Whitefield Estate Agents, 76-78 Colne Road, Brierfield, BB9 5NN
Updating personal information
Personal information can be updated by signing into whitefieldestateagents.co.uk with details of the personal information held by us which needs to be corrected or updated.
Access to information
Details about personal information Whitefield Estate Agents held can be accessed upon request, proof of identity is required before processing any such request (known as a ‘subject access request’) and an administration fee of up to £10 (plus VAT) to cover costs is required.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and addressed to Whitefield Estate Agents, 76-78 Colne Road, Brierfield, Lancashire, BB9 5NN.
Changes to this policy
Questions relating to this policy
Any questions or concerns about privacy issues should be sent via email at email@example.com alternatively send your enquiry to: Whitefield Estate Agents, 76-78 Colne Road, Brierfield, Lancashire, BB9 5NN